Kindred Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Kindred Communications has an immediate opening for highly motivated, seasoned sales professional.
Kindred Communications is passionate about partnering with our clients to grow their business; this position offers the opportunity to utilize your creativity and problem solving skills to meet daily challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with current clients to increase their business while developing new business opportunities. Additional responsibilities include soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling, achieving sales goals and budgets, and collecting on your accounts. If you are a team leader, love to win and have a history of solving problems and developing strong relationships, this may be an excellent fit for you. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, strong presentation and negotiation skills, and the ability to think outside the box. Previous media or sales experience is preferred, but not required.
Kindred Communications consists of 93.7 the Dawg WDGG-FM, 92.7 & 98.5 the Planet WCMI-FM, Big Buck Country 101.5 WXBW, Hits 97.9 WMGA, ESPN 94.1 FM 930 AM and 1340 AM, and the Herd Insider. Kindred Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of essential job functions:
1) Contact prospective customers to sell radio, print and online advertising.
2) Maintain account lists and solicit new business.
3) Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
4) Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
5) Investigate and resolve customer problems.
6) Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
7) Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
8) Attend sales meetings, training sessions, and client remotes.
• Candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Candidates must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Candidates expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive.
In addition, candidates must have:
• Successfully completed high school; college graduate preferred.
• Prior experience in sales/marketing preferred, but not required.
• Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products, i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and a good driving record.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
555 5th Avenue, Suite K
Huntington, WV 25701
Attn: Reeves Kirtner
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.