Kindred Communications FCC/EEO/Jobs Page
Kindred Communications, a locally owned and operated radio, print and online media company, is looking for great sales professionals to join our team in the Huntington, West Virginia/Ashland, Kentucky market. Our account executives work with clients to market their businesses using radio, print and online media. Candidates should be outgoing and have the necessary skills to speak with clients directly and help them solve their marketing problems.
Kindred Communications is made up of 93.7 the Dawg WDGG-FM, 92.7 & 98.5 the Planet WCMI-FM, Big Buck Country 101.5 WXBW, Hits 97.9 WMGA, SuperTalk 94.1 FM and AM 930 WRVC, ESPN Radio 1340 WCMI-AM, the Herd Insider and Kindred Konnect.
Kindred Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for experienced or inexperienced sales professionals to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. Responsibilities include soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling, managing and growing existing assigned accounts, identifying clients’ advertising needs, and developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs. Individuals are also held accountable for achieving sales budgets and collecting on the accounts.
Summary of essential job functions:
1) Contact prospective customers to sell radio, print and online advertising.
2) Maintain account lists and solicit new business.
3) Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
4) Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
5) Investigate and resolve customer problems.
6) Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
7) Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
8) Attend sales meetings, training sessions, and client remotes.
· Candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
· Candidates must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Candidates expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive.
In addition, candidates must have:
· Successfully completed high school; college graduate preferred.
· Prior experience in sales/marketing preferred, but not required.
· Must also have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products, i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.